Friday, February 17, 2017

Day 1: #AmazingNamba

Finally gone around to sharing our short but sweet stay in Osaka, Japan ~~ It should've been longer but my crazy brother had exams on Monday which he didn't want to skip ~~ even for our shared love for all things Japanese.



Waiting for our flight in NAIA Terminal 1 (Jetstar Asia Airways)








Namba City Shopping Mall
Spent a good 30 minutes trying to figure out the way outside of the train/mall area and into Namba proper. Inshallah, Google maps work inside establishments as well hahaha








Mainly we just walked around and tried only 1 ramen shop because it's much cheaper to buy food in convenience stores. We splurged a bit on the duty free shops for the milk soaps that my mom was obsessed with.





Being here in Namba made me feel like my childhood dreams were coming true and I was stepping foot in sacred land. Every corner felt like a scene in a shoujo manga/ anime, seeing all those schoolgirls (hopefully legit) and impeccably dressed women.All the action figures on sale and countless goodies that made you wanna break the bank T_T ~ I'll definitely come back to pine some more and this time I'll include Tokyo and Sapporo!

Another thing that travel has made me realize: you have to learn how to dress well if you're up and about in a cosmopolitan city. It's not even to fit in with the current style of the place you're going to or following the latest trends - it's finding your own style, dressing presentably and in comfort. It's a challenge for me because I'm at my comfiest in a shorts and a plain shirt but since moving here in UAE where shorts were frowned upon in public (specially during Ramadan) and a plain shirt ain't cutting it - I had to adjust and build a wardrobe 1 mega-sale at a time. 

That's it, random thought over - see you in Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment